Are you not confident about your breath? Are you feeling several issues of bad mouth breath? Or are you looking into what we can do for the bad odor of your mouth? Bad breath is a common and non-comfortable issue that is faced by many due to many reasons. Halitosis is the medical term used for unpleasant odors and from lifestyle to health conditions can cause bad breath.
What You Can Do About Bad Breath? Why Is It Happening?
Bad breath is mainly happening because of anaerobic bacteria. That is the bad bacteria that can surround us to lose our oral health and digestive habit. Smoking is one of the major issues of bad breath. The lifestyle and food habits of the modern world affect oral hygiene and bad breath.
To avoid and tackle, it is important to be aware of food, beverages, medicines, etc. These lifestyles cause health problems and as a result medicines and digestive issues become a part of life. This is a dangerous situation. There are many other issues, let’s look into them.
Major Causes Of Bad Breath
- Lack of Oral Care
It is essential to look after our oral hygiene. Certain bacteria are important for oral health, brushing twice a day is a must with an appropriate and mild toothpaste
- Lack of Digestion
Inflammation, digestive problems, and gastrointestinal hazards can affect bad breath. This may result in many problems like gastric problems or less good bacteria in the gut.
- Medicines and Health Issues
Some medical conditions related to allergies and medicines can lead to bad breath. And also bad dental health is one of the major reasons. Infections of gums and teeth could also unease the odor of the mouth.
- Some Food & Beverages
Most of the dairy products, non-veg, usage of onion and garlic, and finally coffee and tea are the villains of unpleasant smell from the mouth to an extent. Coffee and tea can dehydrate the mouth, and several other beverages like soda too could do the same.
- Tobacco & Alcohol
The bad smell of tobacco and alcoholic drinks along with the sudden effect of dehydration, known as Xerostomia, can cause a bad odor in the mouth. Saliva is the key to consistent cleanliness of the mouth and it helps good bacteria.
- Digestive disorders
Having digestive problems due to low metabolism, or some drugs or food poisoning can be a problem for the bad smell from the mouth.
How To Solve Bad Breath?
We discussed many types of difficult situations for bad breath. Now, let’s discuss some remedies for it. We can easily get enough solutions according to the problems.
- Keep a routine of oral hygiene: keeping an oral care routine is mandatory for keeping continuous hygiene of teeth. Brushing teeth & tongue twice, using mouthwashes, cleaning your mouth by professionals, and using dental care products can help you with bad breath.
- Proper diet: Reduce eating junk, overconsumption of meat and increase food that can enhance digestion like yogurt, and zinc-rich foods can positively change the scenario.
- Avoid tobacco & alcohol: avoiding tobacco and alcohol eases your bad mouth odor and avoids many health risks in life. This can lower dry mouth and thus bad breath
- Dental and gastrointestinal checkups: some infections in the mouth and digestive irregularities can be a major shadow that follows by an uncomfortable mouth odor. Having proper checkups and following proper guidelines from a dental care professional can make great results on that.
- Avoid onions and Garlic: Garlic and onions cause sudden bad breath and avoiding such food help maintain a good odor in the mouth.
- Clean and change dental care tools: just like oral hygiene, the toothbrush should be clean, neat, and soft-bristled, importantly it has to be repurchased within the time
- Water– drinking water helps with digestion and hydration of the mouth. As a result, it is free from dry mouth.
A kissable good breath is everyone’s preference. Sometimes it won’t be visible to the one who is having a bad breath. Bad breath can influence the confidence level. Proper hygiene with diet is the key to proper mouth freshness. It cannot be gained by consistency.
Studies show that it is mainly happening because of oral health issues, Gastroesophageal issues, medicines, etc. Bad breath can affect our confidence level and the others around us won’t be comfortable with it. Maybe it’s not about not brushing or using mouthwash. Bad breath can be a symptom of any matter with a low immune system. So taking care of mouth breath, keeping proper saliva and an active good routine is important, and a must!