A safe and functional solution for treating mild age-related memory loss and cognitive decline is what Prevagen has been providing to over a million Americans for over a decade.
It is estimated that there are currently over 92 million Americans over the age of 55, and around 12,000 people turn 55 every day. Cognitive decline is a very natural and common occurrence for aging people that results in conditions such as mild memory loss.
Prevagen Reviews – A Permanent Solution To Restore Brain Function?
The unique blend of ingredients in Prevagen claims to restore your brain function, sharpen your mind, and reverse conditions of memory loss. So here we have decided to Prevagen review in detail and find out what it is made of, the science behind it, and where you can get them.
|Helps to restore your brain function and reverse age-related memory loss
Vitamin D 50 mcg
Apoaequorin 10 mg
|Take 1 pill per day
|Take 2-3 months
|No Major Side Effects reported
|Only through the official website
What Is Prevagen?
Prevagen is a dietary supplement that is clinically shown to boost brain function and reverse age-related memory loss. It can also help sharpen your mind and facilitate clearer thinking. Prevagen comes in the form of diet pills or chewable tablets that you can along with or without your meals.
Prevagen started supplying to consumers in 2007 and has since become a huge success with over a million dedicated users nationwide. It was the number one pharmacist-recommended brand of memory support pills for the year 2018 and is currently on the top recommendations according to the ‘Pharmacy times 2020-21’ review.
Prevagen is created by Quincy Bioscience, which is a biotechnology company based in Madison, Wisconsin. They focus on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel technologies to support cognitive function and other normal health challenges associated with aging.
Quincy Bioscience is renowned for its cutting-edge applications of apoaequorin, originally discovered in certain species of jellyfish, and is now patented by them for use in a variety of their products for supporting cognitive function.
How does Prevagen work?
The active ingredient that is used in the making of Prevagen is called apoaequorin which was discovered in the 1960s in a specific species of jellyfish (Aequorea Victoria) found in the Puget Sound near Seattle, Washington.
These jellyfish intrigued researchers because of their unique ability to glow in the dark and for the next 40 years many researchers worked with their luminescent compounds.
In 2004, Quincy Bioscience was formed to further pursue research related to apoaequorin and its potential to help with the brain. Prevagen reviews and clinical studies show its effectiveness and safety.
- The Madison Memory Study: In a double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial, Prevagen demonstrated its ability to improve aspects of cognitive decline in subgroups of participants with either normal cognitive aging or very mild impairment, as determined by pre-trial screening. All the test participants were over the year of 40 and took one capsule daily (10 mg) for the next 90 days. The group of participants that took Prevagen was shown to improve certain aspects of cognitive function according to computer-based testing.
- Safety Study I: The unique ingredient in Prevagen, apoaequorin was evaluated for its safety using a toxicity study, which is a common method for evaluating dietary supplements. Apoaequorin was found to be safe when consumed even in doses such as 4000 times the recommended daily amount.
- Safety Study II: In a separate safety study, apoaequorin did not have any significant risk of allergic reactivity when ingested as it is not an allergen is not known to cross-react with other known allergens.
- Safety Study III: This study was very similar to Study I regarding the protocol followed, however, the dosage was significantly increased. Even 16,000 times the recommended daily amount was shown to be safe.
Prevagen is made with apoaequorin, which is its main active ingredient. It also has the following other ingredients:
- Microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable capsule (cellulose, water), maltodextrin, 2% or less of casein peptones, lactose, magnesium stearate (vegetable source), modified corn starch, salt, soy peptones, sugar.
- Nutritional info: (Per Capsule)
- Vitamin D 50 mcg (as D3 cholecalciferol)
- Apoaequorin 10 mg
- Reverses Memory Loss: The natural cognitive decline that is part of normal aging can be reversed to a certain extent with the use of Prevagen.
- Sharpens The Mind: Prevagen can help those people who need to keep their edge and stay sharp in their workplace or for those who are simply looking out for their cognitive health.
- Clearer Thinking: Prevagen has been shown to clear brain fog and improve your focus and critical thinking.
- Improves Bone Health: Prevagen is also packed with a healthy amount of Vitamin D, which when taken daily, will lead to improved bone health.
- Free From Side Effects: Prevagen has undergone strenuous clinical studies that show its safety even when consumed at significantly higher doses. Apart from that, there are no common side effects or contraindications that can come from using Prevagen.
- No Prescription Required: Because of its proven safety, Prevagen is available without any prescription.
Prevagen dosage and how to use it?
As Prevagen is a dietary supplement, it is supposed to be taken along with or without your meals every day, for the best results. Diet pills take some time to work changes within your body, so it is generally recommended to complete a strict daily course of 90 days before you stop.
The daily recommended dosage of Prevagen is 1 pill per day for at least 90 days. Consuming more than 1 pill, although safe, does not improve your condition any further. Exactly when you want to take Prevagen is completely up to your discretion.
Some people claim increased energy levels when they take Prevagen in the morning along with their breakfast. While some others testify its effectiveness is sharper when consumed after lunch.
Even though Prevagen is completely safe for consumption, it is still advised to consult your physician if you have any medical conditions for which you are taking any medications. Pregnant or nursing mothers are also advised to consult their physician before starting their course of Prevagen.
How Long Will Prevagen Take To See Results?
This can depend on several factors such as your age, the severity of your condition, your metabolism, your diet, and lifestyle, etc.
Generally, diet pills take 2-3 months to work changes within your body, so it is strictly advised to finish your prescribed course (90-days for Prevagen) to derive maximum benefits from using Prevagen.
Some people quit their prescription after 2-3 weeks without noticing the results. Diet pills work at different paces for different people, so sticking to a dedicated approach and finishing your 90-day course is recommended.
How Long Will The Results Stay?
This can also depend on several factors such as your age, the severity of your condition, and you’re eating habits. But it is generally found that those people who finished their 90-day courses of Prevagen observed their improved conditions for 1-2 years more after they stopped their course.
But it is important to point out that these people also underwent a strict diet plan and exercise routines and maintained a healthy lifestyle. So, if you want to maximize and prolong your results, you will need to eat healthily and exercise regularly to keep your body and mind fit.
Prevagen customer reviews
“I’m a writer, director, and I do voices for radio and television. The kind of work that I do, you are surrounded by people who are all younger than you and it is challenging. I found myself pushing harder and memory become a huge factor. I had to get help to stay competitive and I happened across Prevagen on a commercial and I started taking it. At my age, I could not be doing what I’m doing if it wasn’t for Prevagen.”
– Douglas, 79. From Chicago.
“My whole life I’ve been proud of the fact that I could recall things, organize things. Everyone goes through a lot of things in their life and it just didn’t feel like things were sharp as before and it was bothersome. I heard about Prevagen and I’ve been taking it for 2 years now. I’m able to remember things and I feel much better now.”
– Deborah, 50. From Arvada Colorado.
“I had just begun to notice that my memory was slipping. I knew about memory loss related to aging but life was getting harder for me. One day I was watching Doug Kaufman’s program on TV and he had as his guest the founder of the company that begun to offer Prevagen. I was very impressed by his story and as it was related to the problem, I was having I immediately ordered the product and I happy to say it has worked amazingly for me. I recommend Prevagen to everyone in a similar situation.”
– Trisha, 70. From Mill Valley, California.
Prevagen price and where to get it?
One bottle of Prevagen diet pills currently costs around $39.95. But one bottle only contains 30 tablets, so it is recommended to get the 3-bottle pack if you are just starting your course of Prevagen.
Make sure that you are getting Prevagen from an authorized supplier only. It is available on their official online store through the link here. Be wary of Prevagen bought from unauthorized suppliers as some counterfeit products are being marketed under their brand on certain other websites.
Prevagen comes with a 45-day return and refund scheme that is only valid on purchases made from authorized dealers. Just make sure that you are purchasing from their official online store to avoid such problems.
Prevagen review – Final verdict
As mentioned in the Prevagen reviews, Prevagen seems to be an effective and safe method to reverse age-related memory loss and cognitive decline. However, as it is a dietary supplement, it will take some time to work changes within your body.
You will need to maintain a strict and dedicated course for 90 days and also include a healthy diet and exercise routines to maximize the benefits of using Prevagen. Prevagen has already helped thousands of Americans nationwide, and if you are looking for a solution to your aging brain function, we suggest you give Prevagen a try.
Just make sure that you are getting Prevagen from an authorized dealer, or from their official online store, to avoid counterfeits and be eligible for their return policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I take Prevagen with my current medication(s)?
As with any new supplement programs, you may want to talk with your doctor before beginning to use Prevagen.
2. Is Prevagen covered by insurance?
Dietary supplements are not generally covered by health insurance however some Health Savings Accounts (HAS) or Flexible Saving Accounts (FSA) may permit money saved to be used toward the costs of vitamins and/or dietary supplements. Please check with your plan administrator.
3. Is Prevagen available nationwide?
Yes, Prevagen is now available nationwide and in most stores and pharmacies.
4. Should I continue with my vitamin and mineral supplements with Prevagen?
Yes, you can continue to take your vitamin and mineral supplements with Prevagen. Prevagen works in a complementary way to other vitamin and mineral supplements. It is not meant to replace your current supplement regimen.
5. Does Prevagen contain Vitamin D?
Yes, Prevagen contains 50mcg (2000 IU) or Vitamin D for supporting healthy bones and many important bodily functions.